Damn guys, it's been a while since we spoke. I apologize, I've been really busy with work lately - working overtime many days because it's really hectic right now, we're mad overloaded. Thankfully we should have some newbies starting soon that will share the load, but it's probably still going to be tough going for a couple months. Ah well, at least I got a raise recently, so the next month I can look forward to a fatter regular paycheck.
Stuff that's been going on:
- Making slow progress with pony plushes. Finished up a gray head for the gray "test" pony I made with the modified pattern. The head is slightly modified but is still more or less the standard ValleyViolet pattern. I had made a few tests that I hoped would give me a more natural shape with less noticeable seam lines and darting but they didn't work out so great. The gray pony will end up being Octavia so I'll get started on her hair and tail soon enough.
- Ordered a replica Jericho 941. This is for my Spike Spiegel cosplay. I figure hey, I might as well treat myself to a new toy AND get something to motivate me to move forward with the costume. I'm slowly getting stuff together - everything will be custom made except the shoes, and the first thing is probably going to be the yellow shirt (it's got a special collar). Going to get fabric for it soon, and after that I'll pass it off to my wonderful girlfriend Nastia so she can try her hand at patterning it up and sewing it.
- Disassembled my Nerf Strongarm and started sanding it. This will be the basis of a Borderlands-themed weapon for my Mordecai cosplay. For this particular one, I'm thinking Bandit, with a big old blade stuck under the barrel, and some other customization (along with a paintjob).
- Started work on a DOTA 2 Juggernaut mask. This is for a dude I know. I'll post progress pics when I can.
- Got some character design sketches from
for our collaborative pony plush series. I'm really trying to nail down my pattern before I start making actual plushes, though - nothing worse than making something you aren't super proud of.